“Problem-oriented policing places a high value on new responses that are preventive in nature, that are not dependent on the use of the criminal justice system, and that engage other public agencies, the community and the private sector when their involvement has the potential for significantly contributing to the reduction of the problem.”
(Professor Herman Goldstein)
Why should you invest in this?
- Would you like to understand how a strengths based approach can strengthen your problem solving process?
- Would you like to genuinely co-produce solutions with those complex and recurring issues that blight communities?
- Would you like to maximise the opportunity of working with partners and communities using a framework that expands the role that citizens can play in developing their community?
Who is the product for?
Any organisation that wants to learn new ways of working with communities and partners to resolve those issues causing the most concern to local communities and/or causing repeat demand to local services. This is a great opportunity to enable local people to reshape their communities through active citizenship and participation, enabling citizens to take greater responsibility for their community and environment whilst reducing demand on public services.
Step one: a master class – a practitioner based master class that enables learners to recognise those assets that exist in every community and unleash their untapped energy and creativity through tried and tested problem solving techniques to resolve the underlying causes of entrenched issues. This programme provides an in depth demonstration of strength based techniques and determines how they can be used to facilitate and support the recognised SARA model (Scanning, Analysis, Response, Assessment).
Step two: support programme. We offer a five day support programme that supports learners as they move through the problem solving process using appropriate strengths based engagement techniques. This includes expertly facilitated meetings to enable the learning to shape practice plans that take the learning and turn it into a tangible work plan co-produced with communities and partners.
- 20 participants (staff, community and partners) trained in the Strengths Based Problem Solving
- 20 participants supported to deliver their first Strengths Based Problem Solving process
- Sample of local materials created (through the strengths based and problem solving elements of the process) to be used with other teams (where relevant)
- Experience of coding and analysing data from key parts of the Strengths Based Problem Solving process
- We review the team’s first report from your Strengths Based Problem Solving Processes
- You will have an organisational team of practitioners to help with future processes, or to be critical friends with peers in future processes
- Shared learning experience across a partnership
- A co-produced action plan for delivery
- Production of learning hints and tips document for future teams
Request a call or visit
If you would like a no charge, no obligation call or visit to your teams, please submit your details through the form below:
See Our Other Services
Click on one of the images below to view more about that service.