Community Based Participatory Budgeting
Participatory Budgeting embeds equality into a process bringing policy makers and service providers closer to those they serve by empowering local people to generate new ideas and lead the change they want to see
When should I use this?
- When you want the community to decide how to spend an allocated budget or deliver future service and policy change
- When you want to bring diverse communities together and enhance social networks
- When you want to improve citizen participation in creating ideas to generate behavioural change
- When you have a minimum of £15k to spend with the public
When wouldn’t I use this?
- When you have no allocated budget to spend with the public
- When you prefer committees or individuals to make decisions about allocated funds
- When you have to allocate a budget within a few weeks (this takes about 2-3 months)
- When you think the best solutions lie within specialist service areas
How does MutualGain deliver this?
- Train your partnership team in PB and how it has been used internationally (1-day training on or off line)
- Attend, host and support your partnership team to deliver a series of facilitated workshops to agree ten key decisions which will result in a community led Participatory Budgeting event
- Provide independent verification of public voting at the event
- Produce visual minutes or a film of the ideas voted on
Request a call or visit
If you would like a no charge, no obligation call or visit to your teams, please submit your details through the form below: