Gain for Gainsborough Participatory Budgeting (Community Grant) Application Form
Participatory Budgeting Funding Opportunity for Gainsborough South West Ward (SWW)
The voting event is to be held on 31st March 2022 from 6pm – 8pm
Lincolnshire Police have made £15,000 available for a Participatory Budgeting programme to address community safety in Gainsborough. The aim is to address the key themes that emerged from the Gain for Gainsborough World Cafe community conversation held in late 2021
Participatory Budgeting (PB) puts community members in control of allocating funds to projects that benefit the community. PB is a democratic process where applicants that meet the criteria set out below, are asked to give a short presentation about their project, and Gainsborough residents vote for the projects that they believe will be of most benefit to the community and address community safety in the area.
If you would like more information on the PB process please Click here to go to our FAQ document.
Any community group, resident, or organisation can bid for a share of the £15,000. Your bid should address the theme shown below:
- Civic engagement and community activities
- For example
- Activities involving the community
- Activities for young people
- Improving communication with local residents
How Does The PB Process Work?
The local community will decide who is awarded the money based on the projects that they like the most, the process is as follows:
- Applications will be submitted for up to £5,000.
- This application form will be checked to ensure that it meets the full criteria (set out below).
- Applicants that meet the criteria will be invited to put together a 3-minute presentation in support of their bid. Each applicant will present in sequence at a decision day event and the community will then be allowed to vote once for each project.
- At the event, the community and other groups will be in attendance and they will vote on the projects being presented to them.
- Votes are counted on the day, and the winning projects will be informed of their success before the event closes.
Criteria – who can apply for the funding?
- We welcome bids from community groups and residents that are 18 years old or older.
- Applicants must be constituted groups.
- Applicants can be from anywhere, but the programme must be delivered for the benefit of the Gainsborough SWW residents
- Applicants are able to submit a single application for up to £5,000 or up to three applications for separate projects to a maximum of £5,000
- Applications are welcome from all organisations and individuals, however, certain bids would be precluded as a result of the funding provided by the council. Applications are welcome from social clubs, CICs, schools, charities etc
Timeline of Events
- If you would like help with your application or would like to learn about what works in Participatory Budgeting, then we will be holding an application support session on Wednesday 23rd Feb from 4pm – 5pm. See the Gain for Gainsborough Facebook page for the link
- Please let us know if you would like to attend one of these sessions by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Details will also be posted on our Facebook site
- Please ensure the application form is submitted by 5pm on 11th March 2022. (Late submissions will not be considered).
- Those who meet the criteria for the fund will be notified on 18th March 2022
- The Participatory Budgeting events will take place on 31st March between 6pm and 8pm. (Location to be confirmed.)
At present, it is our intention to hold a live event (face to face). We are monitoring COVID restrictions and all decisions with regard to the voting event will be COVID compliant.
- Those attending are required to vote on all bids at the event, failure to do so renders that voting form inadmissible.
- Anyone is welcome to come along and vote, as long as they are over 16yrs of age and live in the Gainsborough area!
If you would like to apply please click here.