Basingstoke Participatory Budgeting – Chapel Gate, Oakridge, and South View
Make Your Application!
Ready to make your application? just click here to go straight to the form.
The form will go to MutualGain and be shared with the planning group, who will check that your application meets the criteria. We will do this on the afternoon of 2nd February and they will contact you on 3rd February to confirm your place at the voting event.
Where does this fund come from?
Pre covid, Hampshire Police secured some funding from the Home Office. They wanted to build and strengthen relationships between the police and the community, and between communities themselves. This £15,000 funding seeks to support local people who want to address local issues in a positive and helpful way.
Vivid Homes has also donated up to £10,000 to the fund
What is Participatory Budgeting?
You can see more about Participatory Budgeting (we call it PB for short!) on our website but in short it is a fund that is led by communities to support local people to do good things.
Local residents, Vivid Homes, the local primary school and local independent councillors have worked together to shape this fund. They do NOT judge your application – that is down to local people to decide at the voting event on 25th February – if you are applying you must be able to attend on this day to present your project.
See below for eligibility criteria and the application form.
Maximum Amount per bid: £5,000
You can put in two bids but cannot apply for more than a total of £10,000 across all of your bids
Who can apply? Anyone! That is right – large or small organisation, public or private, and even individual residents who have an idea they would like to get off the ground. There are a few rules around this:
- All projects must be not for profit
- All projects must be delivered in either or all of the following areas:
- Chapel Gate
- South View
- You can be based outside of those areas but your project must deliver to the people living in those areas
- If individual residents are successful, the local Basingstoke Volunteer Action group will help them to get a bank account to receive the monies, and they would go on to be a constituted group and secure funding from elsewhere if their project was successful
- You can be any age but if you are under 18 years old you will need an adult sponsor who is from a constituted group to hold the money. If you can’t find one please approach the planning group through email@example.com and use the title Basingstoke PB to ensure it gets to the right person.
Who Votes on the Projects?
Local residents from the Chapel Gate, Oakridge, and South View areas who are over the age of 7 years.
Residents need to attend for the full event (about 2 hours) so that they can hear about all the different projects on offer. You CAN NOT drop in to vote. We will have cake and entertainment so you will have a nice time!
Bidders are encouraged to bring along as many local people from these areas as possible.
Please register in advance to ensure we have plenty of cake for everyone and to keep you updated of any last minute changes. You can register here
Want More Information?
Come along to a support session on one of these dates:
- 10th January from 18:00 – 19:00 – join online using the details below
- 26th January from 18:00 – 19:00 – join online using the details below
Zoom link for application support is:
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 867 8292 1947